During the year FVAF provided support to groups within the Voluntary and Community Sector on 169 separate occasions concerning the following topics:
- Finding an appropriate legal identity (charity, charitable company, community interest company or simply unincorporated).
- Creating governing documents (constitution, Mem and Arts etc).
- Creating and amending policies (Health and Safety, Data Protection, Safeguarding etc).
- Financial management including funding advice and how to be ‘funding ready’.
- Volunteer management eg. creating a clear recruitment strategy and putting support in place for the benefit of both the volunteer and the organisation.
- Legal advice including insurance requirements and workers’ rights.
- Utilising community assets – using our venue hire directory and contacts to ensure community resources are adequately made use of.
- Hands on support for those looking to utilise community building models.
- Employment advice and support.
- Advertising community groups, activities and events through various platforms.
Many within the Forest of Dean see FVAF as the first point of contact with regards to setting up new groups or activities. As a result we contributed significantly to the creation of 10 new groups throughout the year. We also offer downloadable content so many groups and individuals can receive advice and guidance 24/7