During past the year FVAF provided support to groups within the Voluntary and Community Sector on well over a hundred separate occasions concerning the following topics:
- Finding an appropriate legal identity (charity, charitable company, community interest company or simply unincorporated). In response to funding difficulties we have noticed a considerable influx of groups wanting advice on how to become a Social Enterprise;
- Creating governing documents (constitution, Mem and Arts etc);
- Creating and amending policies (Health and Safety, Equalities, Safeguarding etc);
- Financial management including funding advice and how to be ‘funding ready’;
- Volunteer management eg. creating a clear recruitment strategy and putting support in place for the benefit of both the volunteer and the organisation;
- Legal advice including insurance requirements and workers’ rights;
- Utilising community assets – using our venue hire directory and contacts to ensure community resources are adequately made use of.
Many within the community now see FVAF as the first point of contact with regards to setting up new groups. As a result of this we have contributed significantly to the creation of new groups throughout the Forest, while continuing to support existing groups and ensuring that all groups, new and old have the infrastructure necessary to carry out their remit.
In addition, we also provide valuable downloadable content here on our Website so many groups and individuals can get advice and guidance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.