A large part of what FVAF do is help organisations to recruit and manage volunteers. in 2016/17 we managed to facilitate a massive 49140 hours worth of volunteering time at an estimated worth of £353,808.
Over the years we have connected thousands of people to volunteering opportunities within the Forest of Dean through a variety of methods, these include:
- Advertising opportunities on Do-it.org
- Advertising in our monthly newsletters
- Sending out volunteering opportunity updates to our volunteer database
- Providing opportunities to 'drop-ins'
- Advertising opportunities at local events and roadshows
- Working with partners such as the University of Gloucestershire to promote opportunities to a wider demographic
- Working with businesses looking to fulfill their 'social responsibility'
FVAF work a lot with local businesses that are looking to take part in corporate volunteering. This usually involves groups of 10+ volunteers over the course of a day or two. If you have an opportunity that is suited to a group such as this please download, complete and return the form below.
We at FVAF like to ensure that all of the organisations we work with are able to work effectively with volunteers and support them in creating mutually beneficial outcomes for all.