The purpose of the complaints policy is:-
- To improve the quality of the services FVAF provides
- To improve our relations with our service users
- To encourage best practice by the FVAF staff
FVAF seeks to provide a consistent, positive and fair process for handling all formal complaints whether or not they are justified.
FVAF undertakes to deal with all complaints promptly and in a structured manner. FVAF also undertakes to ensure that the outcome of a complaint will, if the complaint be upheld, form the basis of a process to improve the service provided and that this will be a monitored and evaluated process.
Standards and procedures for dealing with complaints
- All formal complaints received (orally by phone or in person or by letter, Email or text) will be acknowledged within three working days with details of what will be done, who is dealing with the complaint and how long before a formal response can be given if longer than ten working days,
- A full written response, including proposed remedial actions if required, will be given within 10 working days,
- Any progress on investigating the complaint to be communicated to the complainant immediately,
- All complaints to be dealt with impartially, courteously and efficiently,
- Any complaint unable to be dealt with fully by the internal staff to be referred to the chair of FVAF who will deal with the concern as appropriate but within the spirit of the standards laid out above,
- In the first instance all complaints to be dealt with by the Manager or, if the complaint be about their work or conduct, by the Chair or their designated deputy
- All formal complaints, including any actions arising, to be reported to the FVAF trustees at their regular meetings